The technical event and conference will take place from 10th – 12th September at the Ashford International Hotel in Kent and will be attended by IRATA member companies.
The goal of the ITEC is for IRATA and its members to collaboratively review the rope access industry’s progress and development in an interactive AGM, with presentations, discussions and demonstrations.
Attendees are encouraged to contribute towards the future improvement of industrial rope access; focusing on safety, technical developments, existing and new products, as well as updating knowledge and best practice.
IRATA ITEC 2018 Program
Spanning three days, here’s a breakdown of some of the highlights that will be taking place during the event.
Monday 10th September
- Introduction presented by IRATA Chairman
- IRATA RAC Chairs presentations
- Health & Safety Committee presentation
- WASA presentation (Dr. Chris Robbins)
- Guest speaker (Human Factors)
- Q&A plus practical session
Tuesday 11th September
- Guest speakers
- IRATA technical event
- Training Committee presentation
Wednesday 12th September
- Equipment & Standards Committee presentation
- Dinner and awards ceremony
Guy Fulford, Technical Sales Engineer for Harken Industrial in the UK, will also be presenting on Tuesday, discussing Powered Ascenders.
Work at Height Innovations on Display
Those in attendance at this year’s ITEC will be able to view the range of Harken Industrial solutions that we offer and learn more about the capabilities and benefits of our equipment.
Some of our innovative safety and lifting solutions on display include:
- The Harken Industrial PowerSeat® ascender – our certified work at height device that allows the operator to ascend quickly, work in comfort, save time and preserve energy
- Access Rail Systems – mobile anchorage points designed for work at height, rope access, human suspension and fall arrest
- The LokHead winch – a self-tailing, lightweight, portable winch, certified to Machinery Directive for load-lifting and EN 1496 for human rescue
- The Riggers winch – our lightweight, CE certified, portable winch, available in two models: the 2-speed RW500 and the single-speed RW200
Guy Fulford, UK Technical Sales Engineer for Harken Industrial, commented on the upcoming event:
“IRATA is a globally recognized and respected trade association in the rope access industry, so we’re extremely proud to be a part of this annual event. IRATA brings together members and companies that have a solid understanding and background in work at height and rope access, so by working closely together we can move the industry forward in the right direction and make positive changes. We’re excited to be exhibiting and presenting this year, so if you plan on being there, you can meet our team and see our innovative safety and load-handling solutions.”
Stay Connected with Harken Industrial
For technical advice on all our load-handling and rope access equipment, please contact the Harken Industrial team.
Next stop, IRATA ITEC! Remember the details:
Date: 10th – 12th September, 2018
Location: Ashford International Hotel, Simone Weil Avenue, Ashford, Kent, TN24 8UX
Website: IRATA ITEC