Harken Industrial™ is pleased to announce that we have become an Associate Member of the Association of Diving Contractors (ADC) in the UK.
As an associate member, we have also been invited to present at the organization’s Annual General Meeting, which will take place in November.
The engagement with the ADC will allow Harken Industrial to work more closely with the commercial diving community and better understand the issues that inland and inshore divers face in their industry.
Who are the Association of Diving Contractors?
The ADC carries out a range of roles and responsibilities, which can be split out into objectives and the ongoing day-to-day work they do.
Their objectives are to:
- Cultivate and promote the science and art of commercial diving
- Establish uniform safe standards across the industry
- Encourage industry-wide recognition for these standards
- Encourage the enactment and enforcement of relevant laws so the commercial diving industry is protected and regulated
The ongoing work that they focus on includes:
- Promoting inland/inshore diving to clients, groups and interested parties
- Proving technical support to members of the association
- Conducting Dive Safety Audits on all full members
- Distributing information on best practices and safety alerts to the industry
- Regulating the inland/inshore Diving Supervisors Scheme
Working with the ADC
During a successful show at Seawork International 2018, one of the connections that Harken Industrial made was with the team at ADC.
The decision to apply for membership followed shortly after, as Guy Fulford, Harken Industrial’s Technical Sales Engineer in the UK explains:
“After meeting the ADC team at Seawork, we wanted to become a member of the association in order to learn more about the issues faced in the commercial diving industry. The connections we make through the ADC will allow us to showcase existing safety and load-handling products that are suited to this industry, as well as learn more about the challenges faced.”
“Our intention is to deliver more sustainable products and solutions that benefit operational performance at all levels, with development of marine grade solutions to the industry. We’re looking forward to networking and engaging with more divers at the ADC Annual General Meeting in November.”
Connect with Harken Industrial and ADC
If you would like to know more about Harken Industrial’s safety and load-handling innovations, plus keep up to date with the latest news from the Association of Diving Contractors, follow these profiles:
Alternatively, to speak to one of the team, contact Harken Industrial.